Six Benefits to Tinting Your Home Windows
Windows are one of the best features in a home. They allow sunlight to brighten the room and give you a view of the world outside. However, too much sunlight can heat up your home, fade your furniture and more. Window tint offers numerous benefits to homeowners that want to enjoy the world outside without dealing with the negative effects that the glaring sun can have on their home.
You may be familiar with window tinting for your car or truck. Take a look around and you will notice it on many vehicles. This same technology is used on homes as well. Many homeowners have discovered the advantages to window tinting. Listed here are six reasons that window tinting is a valuable addition to any home.
1. Protect your furniture. The sun’s UV rays can penetrate through your windows and into your home. Prolonged exposure to these rays can cause your furniture, rugs, carpet and upholstery to fade over time. Many homeowners spend their days with closed draperies to reduce this exposure. If fading is an issue for you, window tinting can help. Window tint blocks the damaging sun rays that can diminish the look of your furniture. With tinted windows, you can leave your draperies and blinds open knowing that your fine furniture and accessories will be okay.
2. Reduce glare. Have you ever tried to watch your favorite program only to have the sun’s glare make it almost impossible to see the screen? Those of us who spend time on a computer are familiar with this problem as well. Tinted windows block a significant amount of the sun’s glare so no matter where the sun is, you can watch TV, read a book, work on the computer or complete any task without the sun’s glare blocking your vision.
3. Reduce the sun’s damaging UV rays. It has been proven that prolonged exposure to the sun can cause skin cancer, as well as other health problems. We often do not think much about sun exposure when we are home. However, the sun’s damaging rays can penetrate a traditional window, exposing you and your family to possible skin damage. Window tint films can reduce this exposure by 90% or more. This simple addition can make a big difference in the health of your family.
4. Increase energy savings. Window tint acts as an insulator that keeps out heat in the summer and prevents heat loss in the winter. This can save homeowners substantial money on their heating and cooling bills.
5. Enhance privacy. Privacy film can be used to prevent others from peering into your windows, while still allowing you to have an unobstructed view outside. You are able to enjoy your privacy without having to keep your blinds closed all day.
6. Improve safety and security. Accidents happen and it is not uncommon for a window to get broken. When the glass breaks, it can shatter into many small pieces and spread glass all around. This can be extremely dangerous to anyone standing nearby. With some tint film, the glass fragments stay attached to the film. This reduces the chance of injury from flying glass and makes clean up much easier.
Tinting your home windows is a good way to add comfort, security and value to your home. This is not a do-it-yourself kind of job. Hire window tint experts in your area that are highly experienced and qualified at properly installing window tint for the home.