Bathroom Tile Ideas for a More Stylish Design
There are many things that can improve the design of your bathroom and one of them is the selection of tile. Homeowners often find creative and unique ideas to make their bathroom look more spacious or stylish. They add colored or textured tiles to give the great overall look. Since tiles play an important role to beautify your bathroom, now you can find them in various materials, finishes and sizes.
The options for tiles are plentiful these days. However, it is better to make a careful selection to the tiles since they are highly visible and can be the center of attention. Below are some helpful ideas you can adopt for your bathroom:
1. Bathroom walls generally use ceramic tiles. This is the popular choice among homeowners. If you want to obtain a contemporary look, you can use the large ones. Meanwhile, you can use smaller tiles to present a traditional look. For the floor, ceramic tiles are also beneficial. They give you both great design and functionality. Ceramic tiles are water resistant and they can have a non-slip finish to ensure safety. However, these items are not the only choice for your bathroom. Nowadays, they are available in various designs, colors and finishes. The options are endless and you can make combinations to enhance the overall design. Tiles with solid texture can be used to create a modern look.
2. If you expect to use tiles that fit both the modern and traditional style, natural stone tiles are a great choice. These tiles are available in two finishes: glossy and polished. Natural stone tiles are heavy and if you want to put them on the wall, you should hire a professional interior design specialist. Ceramic and natural stone tiles are considered to be one of the contemporary trends.
3. The next choice can be vinyl tiles that look like metal, glass, wood or stone. Vinyl tiles resemble the look of wooden parquet tiles. However, these items are more resistant than the real wooden finished tiles. Besides, they offer more comfort.
4. In redecorating bathroom tiling, pay attention to the pattern. Mosaic patterns are probably a popular choice these days. However, it doesn’t mean that you also need to use this pattern. Develop your creativity and find good ideas to improve the tile designs. Your bathroom should be unique and reflect your personal preference. Magazines can give you the many good ideas for bathrooms but the decision is yours.
5. Last but not least, don’t forget to consider all aspects before selecting the tiles. Your tiles should fit all of the elements in the room. They should match with the paint color, furniture or the vanity. If you can’t find the right choice in stores, you may want to consider custom-made tiles. This allows you to choose a pattern that will fit your personal preference.